Cargo ship Gina off Portishead,UK 1982
Photo of the cargo vessel Gina (IMO 5348823), seen with a deckload of containers off Portishead in 1982.
The cargo ship Gina was built as Tai Ping in 1958 by Deutsche Werft, Finkenwarder (Hamburg). In 1970 she was extended substantially to an loa 188.7m and 11744 GT. The Tai Ping changed name in 1979 to Gina and was finally scrapped in 1984 at Chittagong, Bangladesh.
With thanks and © P.W. Hobday.
Picture added on 07 July 2008