Singaporean cargo ship 'Goodyear' of 1944
Singapore-registered general cargo ship "Goodyear" (5,226 tons gross, built by Pennsylvania Shipyards Inc., Beaumont, Texas), owned by Singapore Goodyear Shipping Co. (Pte.) Ltd., at Dubai in April 1978. She was completed in 1944 as the C1-A type cargo ship "Cape Sebastian" for the United States Maritime Commission; sold 1947 to Westfal-Larsen & Co. A/S of Norway & renamed "Eidanger"; sold 1966 to Solstad Rederi A/S of Norway & renamed "Solsyn"; and bought by Singapore Goodyear in 1972. She was transferred to Singapore Cosmos Shipping Co. (Pte.) Ltd. in 1978 & sold to Taiwan shipbreakers in 1979.
Picture added on 01 December 2013 at 09:00