Soviet Kanin-class destroyer
A "Kanin"-class guided missile destroyer (c. 4,600 tons full load displacement) of the Navy of the U.S.S.R. at Aden in October 1975. The class was built from 1958 onwards at Leningrad as "Krupny"-class destroyers & converted to "Kanin"-class (being given SAM capability instead of SSM) from 1967 onwards at the Zhdanov yard in Leningrad. They were decommissioned between 1987 & 1993. Although the ship's pennant number (561) is clear on the photo it was very difficult to ascertain the corresponding name in those secretive Cold War days.
Picture added on 01 July 2013 at 08:23