Panamanian cargo ship 'Kadina' of 1946
Panama-registered cargo ship "Kadina" (3,029 tons gross, built by Scotts' Shipbuilding & Engineering Co., Greenock), owned by Kadina Enterprises Co. of Hong Kong, at Penang in February 1971. She was built in 1946 as "Sinkiang" for China Navigation Co. of London (managers: John Swire & Co.); sold in 1966 to Asia Selatan Enterprises of Panama, inititally renamed "Tong Jit" & later renamed "Gamsolo"; and bought by Kadina in 1969. She foundered during a storm in Singapore's Eastern Anchorage while undergoing repairs on 18th May 1977; she was refloated in September 1978 & delivered to Jurong Shipbreakers for demolition.
Picture added on 05 April 2013 at 08:18