Duke of Lancaster at Heysham
British Railways' passenger/car ferry "Duke of Lancaster" (4,450 tons gross, built 1956 by Harland & Wolff, Belfast) at Heysham in March 1973. She was sold in 1979 to Empirewise Ltd & moved to a permanent dock at Llanerch-y-Mor, near Mostyn, with the intention of being used as a leisure centre but this did not happen & the ship became derelict.
Other photos of the Duke of Lancaster:
Picture added on 11 January 2013 at 08:17