detail photo of HMS TIGER
Originally BELLEROPHON she was launched at the John Brown yard at Clydebank in 1945. Construction was suspended until the 1950s and she was completed as TIGER in 1959. In 1968 she was converted to a helicopter cruiser and was easily identified by the large hangar aft.
This was taken at Greenock in July 1975 when she paid host to a local World Ship Society branch.
Picture added on 19 May 2011 at 12:22