BUCCLEUCH and CS IRIS
Taken in July 1973 at Brigham and Cowan's Quay and drydock at South Shields.
In the background P&O; bulker BUCCLEUCH built by the Furness Yard at Haverton Hill in 1965. She lasted till 1985 when she was scrapped as VERA at Dalian in China.
Just in the foreground is cable ship CS IRIS built by Swan Hunter in 1940 as IRIS. She was scrapped in Holland in 1976.
Picture added on 13 January 2011 at 10:01