BP tanker moving from Yorkhill Quay in Glasgow in November 1973 to Elderslie Drydocks which nowadays are the fitting out facilities for BAe Systems' Scotstoun shipyard.
BRITISH LIGHT was one of a group built in Italy for BP being completed by the Ansaldo yard in 1959. She was scrapped at Bilbao in 1975.
In January 1974 when anchored off Greenock following overhaul, in a gale she was struck by the Greek general cargo ship CAPTAYANNIS which had dragged her anchor. The latter ship turned on her side and has been there on a sandbank ever since. All her crew were rescued in atrocious conditions.
Picture added on 02 November 2010 at 07:48